Stax Museum of American Soul Music
An essential stop while visiting Memphis, is the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, at McLemore and College in what's known as Soulsville, USA. The museum pays homage to Memphis soul music and the old Stax Records label.
Highlights of the Stax Museum:
- 2,000 exhibits, videos, stage costumes, photographs, instruments used to record the Stax sound
- A 100 year old reconstructed gospel church as an exhibit
- Hall of Records, where approximately 800 45 single records and 300 LPs are on display
- Recreation of Stax's legendary Studio A.
- Seasonally-changing exhibits, with internationally acclaimed photography exhibitions
- Located in Soulsville USA at the site of the original Stax Records.
Connect with Stax Museum of American Soul Music
Participating locations include:
Memphis, TN 38106